Young Person's Advisory Service (YPAS)
Serving a population of over 150,000 children and young people YPAS provides mental health and emotional wellbeing services for Liverpool's children, young people and families.
Established in 1966 YPAS is a charitable sector organization that supports children, young people and families to address their mental health and emotional well-being difficulties. The delivery of our citywide services includes: primary schools, secondary schools and across three locality community hubs.
Our Wellbeing Services provide a range of services that are designed to help you with your practical issues: offering various groups, drop-ins and individual information, advice and guidance.
Our Counselling and Psychotherapy Services provide a wide range of therapeutic interventions that are designed to help you address those issues that are impacting on your mental health and emotional well-being.
Our mission is to improve the mental health and emotional well-being needs of children, young people and families in a non-stigmatized environment, that allows us to:
- deliver a wide range of support and therapeutic interventions
- reach children, young people and families as early as possible
- consistently monitor progress and change
- work jointly with professionals across health, education and social care
- include children, young people and families in the design and delivery of services
- ensure services and pathways are accessible
Our vision is to deliver services in an environment that allows children, young people and families to feel:
YPAS is a member of the Liverpool CAMHS Partnership.
Liverpool CAMHS aim to promote the mental health, emotional and wellbeing of all children, young people and their families/carers.
Working together, we will respond to the mental health, emotional and wellbeing needs of children, young people and their families/carers. We will work with families and professionals to develop their skills and strengths; helping them to manage children and young people’s distress and the impact this may have on the child, young person and the family. Working alongside children and young people, we will improve access to services that provide vital support to build resilience, as well as offering help and intervention, enabling children and young people to thrive.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Young Person's Advisory Service (YPAS)
36, Bolton Street
- L3 5LX
We have 3 Community hubs across Liverpool:
- YPAS Central Hub 36 Bolton Street, Liverpool, L3 5LX
- YPAS Plus North Hub Croxdale Road West, Liverpool, L14 8YA
- YPAS Plus South Hub Lyndene Road, Liverpool, L25 1NG
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- We offer appointments and open access, drop in groups. Please see our website for the latest opening information.
- Time of day