Merseyside Domestic Violence Service Ltd
MDVS works hard to support families experiencing domestic violence. We take new referrals and self-referrals and encourage services and individuals to come forward for support.
From 2022 we are launching our Make a Change which forms part of our whole family approach which encompasses all of our services in holistic approach to support victims and families experiencing the negative impacts of domestic abuse , stalking and perpetrator violence.
- MDVS are a RESPECT Accredited service working delivering interventions for perpetrators and victims of domestic abuse and interventions for perpetrators and victims of intimate partner stalking. MDVS also have a Children and Young People's service with interventions for C&YP causing harm and those who are experiencing harm.
- The RESPECT Child and Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse programme. This will be an integrated service for parents who are being abused by their child and interventions for children and young people who are either causing harm and/or those who are experiencing harm.
- MDVS are also delivering an Integrated Domestic Abuse Parenting behavioural change Programme for Parents who are causing harm to their children.
- MDVS also provides 1-1 support for male victims of domestic abuse and intimate partner stalking.
We accept referrals from all agencies and self-referrals https://www.mdvs.org and see below for referral routes.
MDVS have trained Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworkers, ISAC's who will be working directly with victims of intimate partner stalking, this will include expert advice for high-risk stalking victims, advocacy and emotional support.
Services for female victims/survivors: 1-1 support, counselling, group work, safety planning, child and adolescent to parent violence and abuse programme, Stalking risk assessment, support, advocacy and expert advice; parenting programmes for parents who are experiencing domestic abuse and/or those causing direct harm to children.
Services for male perpetrators: 26-week behavioural change programme (MASC, Males Actively Seeking Change) group work and 1-1; specialist risk assessment of stalking behaviours and coercive control; 10-week Parenting Programme; 1-1 and group work with parents who are experiencing abuse perpetrated by their child/ren.
Services for children and young people: Empowering Group work and 1-1 support for children and young people whose lives are affected by domestic abuse; RESPECT Children and Young People's programme for children and young people who are perpetrating harm toward their parent/s/guardian. MDVS also offer recreational activities for children and young people including days trips to Chester Zoo and other exciting adventures!
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Service Manager
Assistance Line - 07802722703
General Advice - 0151 709 8770
MDVS are working day and night to support families experiencing domestic violence at this time of increased risk. We are taking new referrals and self-referrals and encourage services and individuals to come forward for support at this time. Alongside the critical safety planning support MDVS provide we are assisting our families during this crisis by delivering weekly food parcels.
Where to go
- Merseyside Domestic Violence Service ltd
Po Box 200
- L14 9WU
We operate from a wide range of community venues to ensure that we can accommodate families in need of support.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- monday ot Friday 9 to 5 with some evening groups
- Time of day
- Session Information
26-week Behavioural Change Programme for males
16-week Domestic Abuse recovery programme for females
Child and Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse (C&YP causing harm)
Child and Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse (Adult victim)
Parenting programmes (Perpetrator)
Parenting programmes (Victim/survivor)
- There are no charges attached to services.
- Referral Details
We accept self-referrals by phone 07802 722 703/704/705.
Professionals can request referral form via phone (07802 722 703/704/705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Referral forms can also be found on our website, see links to content.
- Other notes
We cover North and South Liverpool and St Helens. Our programs are delivered during day time and evening.