You and Me Mum
You & Me, Mum is a 10 week course programme for mothers which will help you understand how domesic violence effects you as a parent and how it effects your children.
It will empower, support and develop further understanding of your role as a mother in addressing the needs of your children and young people.
The course focuses on self empowerment and mutual aid. It doesn’t work directly with children. It recognises the central role of mothers in the protection and postive development of their children and young people.
- Course participants can self-refer to the programme.
- Each session will be approximately 2 1/2 hours long.
- Course participants should have experience of taking part in groupwork.
Please contact Clubmoor Children's Centre on 0151 233 8500 for more information.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Tracey Bleasedale
- Contact Position
- Deputy Co-ordinator
- 0151 233 8500
Where to go
- Clubmoor Children Centre
Utting Avenue East
- L11 1DQ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 2nd March 2020
- Session Information
- Referral Details
Parents can self refer to the children centre.
Agencies must refer on the children centre referral form available on request.
- Other notes
- To understand how domestic violence affects you as parent.
- To understand the effects of domestic violence on children and young people.
- To develop effective communication skills with children & young people
- To promote healthy and non-violent relationships.
- To explore key Protective Behaviour messages and strategies for keeping mothers, children and young people safe.