West Derby Pre-School (Nursery)
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Nicola Thornley
- 0151 252 0067
Where to go
Bonsall Road Pre School
- L12 8QJ
12, 13,15 and 61
- Please contact provider for cost details.
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 17:50 Tuesday 08:00 17:50 Wednesday 08:00 17:50 Thursday 08:00 17:50 Friday 08:00 17:50
- Other Availability
- Sessions 9.00am until 11.30 and 1.00pm until 3.00pm. Lunch 11.30 until 1.00pm
Sand and Water Play
Songs and Rhymes
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
We have an ‘All about me’ booklet that is filled in by Parents/ Carers which is handed in when the child begins at our Setting. Keyworkers are assigned and they carry out observations on a regular basis using the EYFS as a baseline. Having assessed the children they then plan, do and review regularly. We include the Parents/Carers at every stage taking into account their views and opinions.
If they have not made ‘expected’ progress then we will speak to the SENCO and discuss further steps and strategies.
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child
We will support them with a designated Keyworker who liaises closely with Parents/Carers.
They SENCO is kept informed at all stages.
All staff participate in any way they can to support everybody.
If necessary specialist services can be requested as long as we have Parental consent.
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
The children are in rooms that are age and stage appropriate. In our setting we use school years so the Nursery room have 2-3 year olds and the Pre School have 3-4 year olds. Therefore we use our EYFS accordingly.
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
- Children’s centre- all services as long as the children are registered
- SENISS team via application to NEYS
- Educational psychologist via there offer of consultations
- Speech and Language; phone call to office for query/ drop in to workshop/ via CAF
5. How accessible is the setting?
I would consider that our setting is reasonably accessible as it is a very old building. There are two ways to come into the building – a set of steps and secondly across the playground which then has 2 small steps up to the inside. There are no steps inside the building at all..
We are happy to make any necessary changes that is required and are feasible.
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
We arrange for visits to schools that the children are transferring to. If required we will take them on more visits. The schools also have open days and meet your teacher day which we actively encourage them all to attend.
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
We try to establish good relationships with all our Parents/ Carers and regularly update them on their child’s progress. We have Parents/ Carers mornings every term and send our repots three times a year.
We have an open door policy should they wish to speak with the Keyworker.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type