PSS: Wellbeing Centres
We provide wellbeing courses and creative activities for those experiencing the challenges of living with anxiety, depression and other forms of emotional distress. You can access these sessions online at www.upbeatliverpool.com ,via zoom or face to face in small groups.
We recognise that recovery can take time so we provide safe nurturing spaces, enabling people to heal, understand, gain control and move forward with renewed meaning and purpose in life.
People are invited to attend our wellbeing courses to learn new techniques, strategies and skills with support from others.
How does it work?
Once we receive your referral you'll be invited to talk to one of our team. Once we know more about you, we’ll agree a programme of support and activities together that meets your needs and helps to introduce you to our service.
People are asked to attend a 6 session wellbeing programme which acts as an introduction to the service and as a gateway to the other courses and activities we may offer.
Activities and courses can include:
- Personal development courses - enabling you to recognise and develop your own personal resourcefulness, resilience and talents
- Anxiety management
- Coping with depression
- Arts and creative courses - We believe that everyone is creative and that creativity can play a powerful role in a persons mental health recovery
- Peer Support groups -We benefit from two sorts of expertise, professional and personal. Peer led groups enable people with personal experience of mental distress to offer and receive support from each other
In addition to this work we also offer:
- Telephone advice and information
- Volunteering opportunities
We also provide other courses, services and activities. Click on www.upbeatliverpool.com for more details
Who to contact
Where to go
- PSS Wellbeing Centres Office
111 Mount Pleasant
- L3 5TF
As well as the city centre we also offer sessions at our Dutch Barn in Garston and from a room in The Millennium Centre in Belle Vale
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9-5
- Time of day
- Please contact provider for cost details.
- Referral Details
The service is open to adults 18+ with a Liverpool City Council postcode, who identify themselves as having a mental health issue.
People can self refer or be referred by a GP, Psychiatrist, CPN, Support Worker or any other related professional. Referral forms are available on request, or people can visit www.upbeatliverpool.com and complete a 'contact us' form
Once referrals have been received we hope to be in touch in no longer than one week. You will be invited to a first appointment, which is a confidential one to one with a member of staff. You must be willing to work in groups, we do not offer 1-1 counselling support.