St Michael's Catholic Primary School
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Mrs A Rigby
0151 263 8460
0151 233 5256
0151 260 5308
Where to go
- L6 9DU
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
If your child is new to our setting then progress will be discussed with you regularly and we are happy to liaise with any previous setting including child minders with your consent.
Each child is regularly assessed and we implement the “assess, plan, do review” approach to ensure all children’s individual needs are met.
Class teachers and support staff work closely with the school SENCO to ensure the needs of children are identified early and support strategies are put in place and we liaise with parents to ensure they are involved and share strategies to support them at home.
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child?
The progress of all children is monitored and reviewed regularly and shared with parents. We measure progress using;
- EYFS, Learning Journals, Observations, sensory play, visuals/symbols, small group work, key worker
- Referral to specialist services
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
The setting is organised by chronological age. The curriculum is adapted to a child's individual needs.
We focus upon children’s interests to encourage engagement and to promote a love of learning.
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
We work in partnership with the local authority, health and social care services.
We are members of the Early Years Consortia.
Staff have been trained/are qualified in ASD and Speech and Language.
5. How accessible is the setting?
The setting is wheelchair accessible and we are happy to discuss your child’s individual needs and to make reasonable adjustments.
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
We work closely with all schools in Liverpool sharing information and good practice to ensure parents are kept up to date and the child’s individual needs are met.
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
We invite parents to discuss their child's progress regularly.
We link with our local children centre and parent groups including Livpac