Safe Families - Merseyside
Safe Families for Children has been open for business on Merseyside since 2015, receiving referrals from local authorities and helping struggling families get back on their feet.
The vision is a to create a network consisting of hundreds of compassionate, community-based volunteers who will reach out to families experiencing crises of different kinds.
We’re looking for people with all sorts of skill sets to get involved. Each family is unique so we need to match them with that unique volunteer. Whether you simply have a spare room a child could stay in for a few nights, or whether you have DIY skills – we need you. Families need you.
One mum we supported told her social worker:
“I love it; it is the best thing to come into my life in a long time and one of the most positive things. It’s the people, not just the break, and we on go days out and the children get experiences they wouldn’t usually have! The referral to Safe Families has given me some ‘me’ time and it’s a great thing for my children to do new things.”
To express your interest in being involved in this life-changing story, please email us at email@example.com
Who to contact
- Referral Details
Safe Families is currently accepting referrals from specific local authorities relating to families living in/around the North East, Mersey, Greater Manchester, the Midlands, the South Coast, Scotland and Wales.
Mersey 0151 334 4473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone the referral hotline or use our referral app. A member of our trained staff will discuss your referral.
- If the referral meets our thresholds, you will be asked to email to us a completed referral form.
- One of our team members will contact the family and confirm their support needs.
- If other agencies are involved with the family, they may be contacted as/when relevant.
- In addition, one of our registered social workers may carry out an initial visit, which you could choose to attend.
- One of our volunteers will be matched with the family based on the family’s situation and the volunteer’s experience.
- Support goals and timeframes are agreed between our staff, the referred family and assigned volunteer(s). Consent forms are also signed by the family.