Volunteer Activity Leader for Girls Group
GFS is looking for women with a passion for empowering girls. We offer sessions which provide a space for girls and young women to meet new friends in a relaxed, girls-only environment and – most importantly – to have fun!
You don’t need to have experience in working with children to join us, just an enthusiasm for improving the lives of girls and young women.
Being an Activity Leader is a hands on role, helping the group leader deliver fun and inspiring activities, as well as helping with group planning, admin and social media. You’ll be a role model for the girls and young women in your group and get the chance to help build their confidence. This role requires around 3-4 hours each week for commitment of around a year.
What you will be doing:
• Interacting with girls and young women weekly, to make them feel supported, encouraged and inspired to try new things.
• Helping plan and run activities for the girls, organising any materials needed for the sessions and helping with set up, tidy up and refreshments
• Attending termly planning meetings to share ideas and help create a programme with the volunteer team
• Leading on activities as agreed with the volunteer team
• Helping with First Aid or Food Hygiene in the group as needed
• Taking the register, collecting subs from the girls, recording weekly income and expenses
• Posting photos of activities on the group’s facebook page
• Promoting the group locally by putting up posters/ handing out fliers
• Keeping the group environment safe and tidy
• Understanding GFS policy and procedures and follow them, especially safeguarding
Who to contact
Where to go
- G F S
GFS, 12 Angel Gate
- EC1V 2PT
Our new girls group will run in a community centre in Anfield. Details tbc
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- A regular weekday evening during term time
- Time of day
- Other notes
To register your interest, please fill in the volunteer registration form on our website