Pagoda Nursery is a bi lingual nursery within the community which is not run for profit. Staff at the nursery speak English.Spanish, Bengali & Hindi Our aim is to provide quality childcare/education at affordable prices for children aged 0 to 5 years old. We offer funded places for all 3 year olds and eligible 2 year olds.
Who to contact
Where to go
- PAGODA NURSERY
Chinese Pagoda Youth & Community Centre
- L1 5BU
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £35.00 per Day £175 per Week £23 per Session (pm)
- We also have an addition session from 9am - 3pm which costs £29.00. Also morning and afternoon sessions charged at: £23 per session
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8am 6pm Tuesday 8am 6pm Wednesday 8am 6pm Thursday 8am 6pm Friday 8am 6pm
- Other Availability
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
Sand and Water Play
Arts and Crafts
Songs and Rhymes
Visit & Outings
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
- All children at the nursery have an initial assessment within weeks of beginning.
- All children have a key person.
- The key person works closely with the parents/carers to ensure consistent care.
- The key person completes regular observations and evaluations of each of their key children.
- The nursery (with the parents consent) will work with other settings the child has attended to gain information
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child?
- All children in the nursery have their own personal EYFS Learning Journey folder, this will include assessments, observations, evaluations, next steps, photographs and pieces of art work or items of interest.
- The nursery SENCO will work closely with the Key Person and parents to ensure any children will additional needs are provide with the best care/stimulation to encourage them to reach their full potential. This will be done with observations, play plans and reviews
- If needed the child, with the families input and agreement, will be referred to specialist services with which the nursery will work in partnership
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
The curriculum is adapted to a child's individual needs.
The nursery uses In the Moment Planning to ensure each child’s needs are met.
All activities are adapted to meet each child/group of children’s needs
The nursery is child led in its activities to ensure the children’s interests are noted and acted upon.
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
All nursery staff are qualified to Level 2/3 or above.
We have bi-lingual staff to meet the needs of children for whom English is not the 1st language and also to offer a different perspective (that of another country) of childcare/education
The nursery works alongside social workers, health visitors and teachers and other relevant professionals.
5. How accessible is the setting?
The nursery is wheelchair accessible, as is our entrance.
Staff will work to meet the individual needs of each child
As a very small nursery, children will be able to form a close bond with all children and parents ensuring staff really ‘know’ each child and their needs.
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
The nursery has close links with our local primary schools often visiting the reception and nursery.
We complete a transition to school form which is passed onto the school.
Staff members of other schools regularly visit our nursery to see the children in a familiar environment before they begin their new school
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
Parents are kept informed of the nursery news and events with a monthly newsletter. We have a Facebook and Instagram page for parents to follow.
All children have a home/nursery diary in which parents/carers and staff write in to keep each other informed
We have regular Stay & Play sessions.
Available at all times in the nursery for parents to look at if a Nursery Learning Journey Folder with monthly updates of what we have been up to in the nursery. Parents/Carers/family members are able, and encouraged, to contribute view, ideas and suggestions to this
As a very small nursery we are able to have daily chat/discussions with parents/cares/families.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type