The City of Liverpool College
The City of Liverpool College is the only general FE college in the city and the largest FE college in Liverpool City Region.
It offers the widest, most diverse vocational curriculum in the region and ranges from entry up to degree and post-graduate levels.
If you become a member of the college community, you’ll be taught by well supported, enthusiastic and engaging teachers who treat students as individuals, encouraging independent learning styles that set you up for further study at higher and advanced level learning.
You’ll also enjoy an experience like no other and the skills and diversity-rich curriculum ensures that students leave us equipped with all the skills they need to be successful, both in their chosen career and beyond.
To provide high quality skills and education by delivering opportunities for growth to all people and businesses of the Liverpool City Region.
- Quality – Providing the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Inspire – Inspiring you to reach your full potential
- Ambition – Striving to be the best you can be
- Partnership – Working together to create sustainable improvement for you
- Passion – Determination to make a difference for you
- Innovate – Always looking for new ideas and solutions to help you grow
- Diversity – Embracing inclusivity, equality and diversity
- Deliver world class skills in business
- Provide an outstanding learning and student experience
- Develop the talent for sustainable employment
Who to contact
Where to go
- The City of Liverpool College
The Learning Exchange
- L1 9DW
Additional Learning Support
Our aspiration at The City of Liverpool College is that students receive an outstanding level of learning support. Our Additional Learning Support model aims to ensure that staff have the specialist skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality, personalised support programmes that effectively meet the needs of learners with Additional Learning Needs.
Once you become a student at the College, your goals and aspirations become ours and we aim to provide the help and support you need to achieve them. We provide support to thousands of students every year across all college campuses and programmes of study.
We have a dedicated, highly qualified and experienced support team comprising of:
- Learning Support Practitioners
- Specialist SpLD (Dyslexia etc.)
- Learning Support Specialists.
Our staff work collaboratively with cross-college teams in efficiently assessing a student’s needs as well as organising and implementing a wide range of support programmes, each tailored to their individual requirements.
We offer support in a wide range of specialist areas including:
- Assistive Technology
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Behaviour 4 Learning (EBD/ADHD/ADD)
- Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing
- Support for Students with Mental Health difficulties
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support for Students on HE Programmes
- Visual Impairment.
Additional Learning Support