Shelter - Merseyside Family Support Service
The aim of the Project is to support families to end the cycle of homelessness and bad housing. It will give families a greater chance of sustaining their tenancy or accessing a decent, affordable, secure home either in the Private Rented Sector or Social Housing.
- Support regarding disrepair and poor living conditions
- Practical support to secure a home, such as viewing properties and negotiating with landlord
- Practical support to set up a home, such as help to secure basic white goods and furniture, setting up utilities, securing school places and other essential local services
- Training and advice to help families to understand their rights and responsibilities as tenant
Who to contact
Where to go
- Shelter - Liverpool Office
3rd Floor Colonial Chambers,
3-11 Temple Street,
- L2 5RH
Disabled access, with lifts and disabled toilets. No parking. Service is by appointment only.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 09:30 - 17:30
- Time of day
- Referral Details
This service is by referral only - either self or from organisations who currently support the family.
Criteria for accessing the service:
- Families living in Merseyside (Pregnant or have dependent children under 18)
- A family in need of housing support to prevent homelessness for a variety of reasons
- A family at risk of homelessness or are currently homeless
- A family in need of support in dealing with poor living conditions or rogue landlords
- Other notes
The core operating times are Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 5.30pm.
Family support workers, however, will work flexibly in order to support families, establish pre-school routines, and get families involved in evening and weekend activities.
We are based in Shelter’s main office in Liverpool and have local bases in key neighbourhoods within children’s centres and other community venues.