Skip to main content

752 Results in your current search

Advice & Information

Directory results

Guides for using the Directory

Please download the guide appropriate to your needs.

Accessibility Strategy

Schools Accessibility Strategy Agreed by cabinet 29/8/2014

SEND Local Offer

Welcome to Liverpool’s SEND Local Offer Here you will find lots of information about Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND).  The Local Offer helps you understand what services and support you can expect from a range of local partners, such as SENDIASS, Liverpool Parent and Carer…

Independent Specialist Colleges (ISCs)

As set out on the Post-16 Education and Training page, placements at ISCs will only be considered when local provision has been explored and ruled out as an option. When considering an application to an ISC, the local authority will look at the programme to…

City Council & Health Services

This is where you can find information about the Health and Local Authority services you may need. This includes Occupational Therapy, Paediatrics, Travel Training and other services.  Top tip:  The filter button ‘sorted by’ will help list these in alphabetical order.

Support for My Child with SEND in a PVI Nursery Setting

If your child is aged 2, 3 or 4 years, attends a Private, Voluntary or Independent ( PVI ) nursery setting, has a funded nursery place and has Special Educational Needs or Disabilities ( SEND ), the nursery setting can access additional support for your…

How to get Support

This section gives you more information on some of the different ways you can get support, try to resolve any disagreements you might have and, if necessary, make a complaint. The options to select are: Information, Advice and Support Service The Information, Advice and Support…

Travel and Transport

The SEN Home to School Transport Team is based in Newton Road Depot, L13 3HS.  Direct telephone numbers to the team are 233 6511 and 233 6513.  The team has a general email address for contact: 

Social Care

This area is broken down into three sections: Children's Social Care - this contains information on the support available through the Local Authority's Children's Social Care Teams and Services. There is additional information on Residential Care, Youth Offending and Short Breaks. Social Cae Services -…

Brokerage and Support with Finding Childcare

Childcare Brokerage Service What is it? Childcare brokerage is a requirement of Childcare Act 2006, which means local authorities must provide support to families struggling to access childcare. Our Family Information Service Team can provide support for families who are looking for childcare. This may…