The MaxCard discount initiative has now ended.
What is the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus?
- All Local Authorities have a duty to have a record or register of disabled children in their area, under the Childcare Act 1989. Our Disabled Children & Young Persons Passport Plus is Liverpool's way of doing this
Who does it cover?
- If you have a disabled child or are a young person aged up to 25, you can sign up for the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus. Our local definition of disability is based on the Equality Act 2010, which states that a person is disabled if they have a physical or mental impairment that has "substantial" and "long term" negative effects on their ability to do normal daily activities.
Some examples of what this would include are:-
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Autism or Aspergers, Behavioural / Emotional or Social Difficulties, Cerebral Palsy, Complex Health Needs, Dyspraxia, Global Development Delay, Learning Difficulty, Mobility Difficulty, Palliative Care Needs and Sight and / or Hearing Impairments.
Do I have to sign up?
- No - signing up for the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus is completely voluntary - but we would encourage you to do so.
To sign up
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following
- Your (if applying for yourself) / Your child's name, child's date of birth, home address, gender and disability
- Parent / Carers name
- Parent / Carers home address if different from child's
- contact email address
- contact telephone
- relationship to child