Healthwatch is the public champion of health and care services, is independent from the services you use and helps ensure health and social care services really meet your needs.
The health and care system can be very complicated. People are often unaware of what services there are, how best to access them or where to get help if things go wrong.
You might have a question like:
- How can I find an NHS dentist?
- Can I get help or adaptations to allow me to live safely at home for longer?
- How do I change my GP?
- Can I get help to pay for care at home?
- What help is available so that I can have a good quality of life despite my health condition?
- Where do I start to find the help I need?
- How can I make sure my voice is heard and my wishes respected?
- How can I get my opinion listened to?
- Can I get help to deal with a complaint?
For these or any other health or care question turn to us. If you feel overwhelmed or don't know where to start we are here to listen and help you work out your options and next steps.
If you need to make a complaint, we can arrange for an advocate to help you with this. We also offer a range of ‘self-help’ materials if you do not need the support of an advocate but want some advice on the best way to make a complaint.
If you have access to the internet you can also leave feedback about NHS or care services on Patient Opinion.
Who to contact
Where to go
- LCVS Building
151 Dale Street
- L2 2AH
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Local Offer Age Bands
Young Adults (16 to 25)
Primary (5 to 11)
Secondary (11 to 16)
Early Years (0 to 5)