St Paschal Baylon Nursery and After School Care (DN)
Our nursery operates from 8 until 5 every week day term time only. We have an extensive out door area which we utalise every day. We pride ourselves in providing inclusive care for all and encourage our parents and carers to take an active role in thier childrens learning and development.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St. Paschal Baylon Primary School
St. Paschal Baylon Primary School
- L16 2LN
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £25 per Session £48 per Day
- Other notes
We have a Senco who is Accredited and has completed the Senco qualification.
Also we use the National Portage Association
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:00 17.00 Tuesday 08:00 17.00 Wednesday 08:00 17.00 Thursday 08:00 17.00 Friday 08:00 17:00
Visit & Outings
Arts and Crafts
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 22/03/2006 Integrated Good 28/01/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/06/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 07/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
- Our setting will liaise with parents upon settling in and throughout the whole process
- We will liaise with outside appropriate professionals (with parental consent)
- Practitioners and in particular key person will observe the child and link all observations with the EYFS
- Our setting’s SENCO will liaise with the child’s key person and parents and put together a play plan to help further the child’s development
- If needed referrals will be made as appropriate and an Ehat will be filled in
- All staff have good knowledge and skills and will uise these when working with all children
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child?
- The progress of all children is monitored and reviewed regularly and shared with parents using:
- Learning journey’s
- Parents evenings
- Open door policy
- Our setting has good links to other agencies including our local children’s centre where support and advice can be accessed
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
- The setting’s key groups are based around the children’s chronological age and abilities
- All activities are adapted to each individual child’s needs and abilities
- Play plans are put into place based on the child’s strengths
- Each individual learning journey is based around particular interests
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
- Our setting works in partnership with outside agencies including health and social care services
- We are members of an recently attend the Early Years Consortia
- All staff are fully qualified and have good experience working with lots of children
- We have an Early Years Teacher who has a Ba Honours Degree in ‘special needs’
- Senco - Accedited senco qualification
- Portage model
5. How accessible is the setting?
- Our setting is wheel chair accessible
- We have a fully inclusive and large out door area
- We are happy to discuss your child’s individual needs and to make reasonable adjustments
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
- We work closely with the schools in our area
- We are on site for our feeder school and have good links
- We share information and advise with our local children’s centre
- We share all our progress reports and EYFS documents with the schools
- We have meetings with the children’s reception class teacher
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
- We invite parents to discuss their child’s progress regularly
- We link closely with our local children’s centre
- We invite patrents along to our termly ‘walk in the park’
- We invite parents to our termly ‘story time’
- We have parents workshops
- We liaise with parents daily through ‘my day books’
- We send out monthly newsletters
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type