Ducklings Day Nursery
Very much a home from home nursery with a stable, professional and dedicated workforce. We are a high quality setting, rated "Green" by the local authority and "Outstanding" by Ofsted.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Neil Butler
- Contact Position
0151 228 8081
07983 418 649
Where to go
1, Royal Croft
- L12 2BJ
We will discuss this with you.
- Please contact provider for cost details.
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:30 18:00 Tuesday 07:30 18:00 Wednesday 07:30 18:00 Thursday 07:30 18:00 Friday 07:30 18:00
Visit & Outings
Songs and Rhymes
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 31/01/2007 Integrated Satisfactory 18/08/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 04/08/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
On entering the nursery all children are assessed by our qualified practitioners (in conjunction with yourselves as carers) to establish a base line and to learn about how they learn and what they enjoy.
From that point on children are continually assessed to ensure they are making progress in a way that suits them as an individual. Should we then have any concerns that your child is not progressing as we would expect, we will consult with you to establish an individual education plan to help enhance their progress.
Additional support will then be accessed via local professional services in full consultation with yourselves as and when necessary in line with local procedures and the national code of practice.
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child?
The progress of all children is monitored and reviewed regularly and shared with parents. We measure progress using;
- EYFS, Learning Journals available to you on line via Tapestry, Observations, sensory play, visuals/symbols, small group work, key worker
- Referral to specialist services
- Where needed staff may receive additional training to support individual childrens medical or educational needs.
- Additional resources or funding for any specialist teaching requirements will be sought from a variety of agencies including the local consortia.
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
Although the nursery is roughly organised in traditional age groupings (babies, toddlers, preschool), all children are individual and planning of their learning experience will be matched to their individual needs, therefore age is not the only factor used in determining what activities they take part in.
Each child has a Key worker who will tailor our planned activities to their individual needs.
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
We openly work in full partnership with the local authority, health and social care services.
We are members of our local Early Years Consortia and can access additional resources via this route.
We have been successful over a number of years in adapting our learning environment to help children with a variety needs including :- mobility (standing frames, wheelchairs etc), communication (makaton, EAL.),, visual impairments and other individual learning needs such as those on the autistic spectrum.
5. How accessible is the setting?
The setting is wheelchair accessible.
We are happy to discuss your child individual needs and to make reasonable adjustments
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
We work closely with all schools in Liverpool and beyond
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
We invite parents to discuss their child's progress regularly.
We can communicate with parents via a variety of formats, verbal, written or pictorially.
Our on line learning journals allow parents to access their own childrens observations at any time, include their own observation and comment as they think suitable.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)