Child Adolescent Mental Health Service: CAMHS
What is the Liverpool CAMHS Offer?
We are specialists in children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing; we deliver accessible support to children, young people and their families, whilst working with professionals to reduce the range of mental health issues through prevention, intervention, training and participation.
Liverpool CAMHS is a partnership of funded services, commissioned by NHS Liverpool CCG, that work together to promote positive mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people, and their families. These partners are:
- Merseyside Youth Association (MYA)
- Alder Hey CAMHS
- Barnardo’s Action with Young Carers
- Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS) & Gay Youth Are Out (GYRO)
- ADHD Foundation
- PSS Spinning World
- ADDvanced Solutions
- Mersey Care Trust
- Talk Liverpool
The Liverpool CAMHS offer promotes the mental health and emotional wellbeing of all children, young people and their families/carers.
Working together, we will respond to the mental health and emotional wellbeing needs of children, young people and their families/carers. We will enable families and professionals to develop their capacity to manage the impact of distress; whilst working alongside children and young people we will improve access to services that provide vital support to build resilience, as well as offering help and intervention, allowing children and young people to thrive.
Areas of support include:
Therapeutic support (individual, group and family) using a range of models
- Bespoke packages of multi-disciplinary care
- Information, advice and guidance
- Psycho social education
- Participation opportunities
- Targeted support for different a wide range of communities based on need*
- Education offer - increased presence in schools
- GP offer
- Perinatal and early years
- Neurodevelopmental support for individuals and families
- Medication support as and when required
- Public mental health and wellbeing promotion
- Workforce development and awareness raising
- Parenting Support / Interventions
- Digital technology / innovation
- Consultation and pre-referral consultation to a variety of agencies
The link to the CAMHS Local Transormation Plan is here..
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Child Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS
- Single Point of Access: 0151 293 3662
Where to go
- Single Point of Access
Alder Hey Children's Hospital
- L12 2AP
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made via the Single Point of Access number by General Practitioners (GP) or other professional within the statutory and community sector, for example, any health professional, teachers, school mentors, connexions, social workers, youth and community workers, providing the young person or family has consented to the referral.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (5 to 11)
Secondary (11 to 16)
Early Years (0 to 5)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type